Welcome to our website. NHMLA is a not-for-profit corporation whose purposes are to meet the education, communication and service needs of lawyers who represent the interests of local governments. NHMLA also provides education and training programs for local government officials, managers and administrators.
NHMLA is a membership organization limited to attorneys admitted to practice who are employed in a legal capacity by a local government or who are in private practice, are retained to represent a local government entity, board or commission, and whose practice is consistent with the purpose and goals of the Association.
The NHMLA now has information on membership, our current CLE seminar schedule,educational programs for local officials and administrators, and other contact information.
Our organization was formed to provide a means of communication and education for NH lawyers whose practice is substantially oriented toward representation of municipalities, including counties, cities, town, village districts, and school districts. Attorneys who are employed as legal counsel by an NH municipality or who have a substantial interest in representing local government entities are eligible to join NHMLA.
The Association is a not-for profit organization operated as an affiliate of the Public Risk Management Exchange.
NHMLA’s activities include:
- Continuing legal education programs;
- List serves for members; and
- Publication of a journal, newsletter and other documents.
- NHMLA will also serve as an on-line resource and central repository for research papers, ordinances, regulations, and policies that may be accessed by members.
- As warranted, NHMLA will also serve as a non-partisan information resource for executive, legislative and judicial branches of State Government.